In an effort to convince punters – despite the lousy “Lone Ranger” returns – he still has what it takes to open a movie, Disney’s convinced 50-year-old Johnny Depp to return for “Alice in Wonderland 2″. (erm, the movie title alone here sells the movie, not Depp, I’d think?)
Depp, who is also committed to doing a fifth “Pirates of the Caribbean” in the new year, has signed a new multi-year first look deal at Disney to develop film projects and produce there, according to Deadline. No doubt in return for the big bucks deal, Depp’s been swayed into reprising the Mad Hatter for a sequel to 2010’s “Alice”.
Tim Burton isn’t directing the sequel; James Bobin, of “The Muppets”, is helming.
“Alice in Wonderland”, which featured Mia Wasikowska in the title role, made over $1B worldwide for the studio.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014