In an effort to convince punters – despite the lousy “Lone Ranger” returns – he still has what it takes to open a movie, Disney’s convinced 50-year-old Johnny Depp to return for “Alice in Wonderland 2″. (erm, the movie title alone here sells the movie, not Depp, I’d think?)
Depp, who is also committed to doing a fifth “Pirates of the Caribbean” in the new year, has signed a new multi-year first look deal at Disney to develop film projects and produce there, according to Deadline. No doubt in return for the big bucks deal, Depp’s been swayed into reprising the Mad Hatter for a sequel to 2010’s “Alice”.
Tim Burton isn’t directing the sequel; James Bobin, of “The Muppets”, is helming.
“Alice in Wonderland”, which featured Mia Wasikowska in the title role, made over $1B worldwide for the studio.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015