In an effort to convince punters – despite the lousy “Lone Ranger” returns – he still has what it takes to open a movie, Disney’s convinced 50-year-old Johnny Depp to return for “Alice in Wonderland 2″. (erm, the movie title alone here sells the movie, not Depp, I’d think?)
Depp, who is also committed to doing a fifth “Pirates of the Caribbean” in the new year, has signed a new multi-year first look deal at Disney to develop film projects and produce there, according to Deadline. No doubt in return for the big bucks deal, Depp’s been swayed into reprising the Mad Hatter for a sequel to 2010’s “Alice”.
Tim Burton isn’t directing the sequel; James Bobin, of “The Muppets”, is helming.
“Alice in Wonderland”, which featured Mia Wasikowska in the title role, made over $1B worldwide for the studio.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015