“Dumb & Dumber To”‘s new financiers are trying to fuck off the producers of the original 1994 film, Steve Stabler and Brad Krevoy, from the sequel.
The greedy, ruthless so and so’s, who last year sued producer Alexandra Milchan out of Martin Scorese’s “Wolf of Wall Street” despite her contract with the film’s studio, say Stabler and Krevoy aren’t owed any fees nor are they deserving of a credit on the sequel.
Stabler and Krevoy, who also produced pissy prequel “Dumb & Dumberer : When Harry Met Lloyd”, said their original New Line contract stipulated that they had to be involved in anything bearing the ‘Dumb & Dumber’ name.
“We have a contractual right to produce Dumb and Dumber To,” Stabler told Deadline, “and equally as important, we are very disappointed that Red Granite would try to exclude us from the sequel after our experience with the Farrelly brothers and Charles Wessler in developing, casting, and producing the original movie.”
And this, my friends, is how you remain a cashed-up financier in Hollywood.
Read the full deets at Deadline.
- Superbowl Spot : Insurgent - January 31, 2015
- The CW releases another iZombie promo - January 31, 2015
- Deepwater Horizon : Chandor Out, Berg In - January 31, 2015
- Cast fills for Franco’s In Dubious Battle - January 31, 2015
- Nicolas Cage’s latest lands a Hobbit - January 31, 2015
- Rose Byrne back for next X-Men - January 31, 2015
- Orphan Black star gets lead in Star Wars spin-off!? - January 31, 2015
- Leia may face a Hutt again in The Force Awakens - January 31, 2015
- Affleck, Schoenaerts are HBO’s Lewis and Clark - January 31, 2015
- Production begins on Zoo - January 31, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.