In February, Universal announced that “Mama” director Andy Muschietti would be directing the feature adaptation of “Bird Box”, with seasoned genre pros Scott Stuber, Chris Morgan and Barbara Muschietti producing.
Looks like the adaptation might’ve snagged a writer now too, with Eric Heisserer in talks to adapt the manuscript for the big screen.
The book, penned by Josh Malerman is about “a blindfolded threesome comprised of a woman and two children who make their way down a river in a seemingly post-apocalyptic setting”, says Variety, and is set to hit bookshelves in 2014.
Heisserer’s history makes me somewhat wary with credits that include “The Nightmare on Elm Street” reboot and “Final Destination 5,” but hell, you never know, a guy’s gotta eat. And while I’m somewhat tired of the post-apocalyptic setting, this one sounds a little more interesting that your garden variety end of the world.
I think Universal and Malerman secured my money by keeping mum on why the characters are blindfolded. I just don’t know and now I have to. So, I guess I’ll see you at the bookstore and in the movie theater. Are they being held hostage?
One of my many guesses.
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Jason Sudeikis - December 3, 2014
- Jason Sudeikis – Horrible Bosses 2 - December 3, 2014
- Jason Bateman – Horrible Bosses 2 - December 3, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Jason Bateman - December 3, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Charlie Day - November 25, 2014
- Charlie Day – Horrible Bosses 2 - November 25, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Chris Pine - November 25, 2014
- Chris Pine – Horrible Bosses 2 - November 24, 2014
- Arrow Picture Spoiler - November 10, 2014
- Skyline sequel nabs Crossbones - November 9, 2014