Bron Studios and Gary Sanchez Productions announced today that Linda Cardellini, Jennifer Jason Leigh and Tim Robbins will join Kristin Wigg in the Will Ferrell and Adam McKay produced comedy, “Welcome to Me,” a story about a woman who decides to start her own talk show, about herself, with her lotto winnings. This premise already sounds like a winner to me, and merely the idea of this character is sure to entertain. I can already see Wiig playing and bringing this personality to great comedic heights.
For more details you can check out the press release below.
LOS ANGELES, JULY 16, 2013– Linda Cardellini, Jennifer Jason Leigh, and Tim Robbins will co-star with Kristen Wiig in the upcoming WELCOME TO ME produced by Gary Sanchez Productions and Bron Studios, it was announced today.
Directing is Shira Piven (Fully Loaded), from a screenplay by Eliot Laurence. The dramatic comedy is produced by Aaron L. Gilbert and Marina Grasic with Margot Hand as co-producer on behalf of BRON Studios. For Gary Sanchez Productions, Will Ferrell, Adam McKay and Jessica Elbaum are producers, with Robyn Wholey as executive producer. Kristen Wiig is also a producer. WELCOME TO ME will begin production in California in August. Allison Jones is the casting director.
WELCOME TO ME tells the story of Alice (Wiig) who suffers from dissociative personality disorder and wins the lottery only to decide to spend her money on a cable access talk show about herself. The show reflects her larger-than-life personality and absolute obsession with wanting to be famous, even if it means alienating her friends and family in the process.
Linda Cardellini most recently appeared on Mad Men. Jennifer Jason Leigh will next be seen in The Spectacular Now and Kill Your Darlings. Oscar winner Tim Robbins will next be seen in Thanks for Sharing.
UTA is packaging and representing the film for the US market. Cargo International is handling international sales.
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Jason Sudeikis - December 3, 2014
- Jason Sudeikis – Horrible Bosses 2 - December 3, 2014
- Jason Bateman – Horrible Bosses 2 - December 3, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Jason Bateman - December 3, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Charlie Day - November 25, 2014
- Charlie Day – Horrible Bosses 2 - November 25, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Chris Pine - November 25, 2014
- Chris Pine – Horrible Bosses 2 - November 24, 2014
- Arrow Picture Spoiler - November 10, 2014
- Skyline sequel nabs Crossbones - November 9, 2014