1. Toby Jones (“The Girl”) will play a shrink in M.Night Shyalaman and Fox’s event series “Wayward Pines” (THR)
2.Fox Searchlight Pictures Presidents Stephen Gilula and Nancy Utley announced today that the company has acquired worldwide rights to Oscar nominated writer Nick Hornby’s adaptation of Cheryl Strayed’s NY Times #1 best-seller ”Wild”, the book that re-launched Oprah’s Book Club 2.0. The film will star Oscar winner Reese Witherspoon and will be produced by Pacific Standard’s Witherspoon and Bruna Papandrea (with River Road Entertainment’s Oscar nominated Bill Pohlad. The film is slated to begin production in the late fall once a director is in place and will be overseen by Fox Searchlight Pictures President of Production Claudia Lewis and SVP of Production David Greenbaum. “We are so excited to be working with Fox Searchlight to bring WILD to the screen. It is an extraordinary company that continually strives to bring original, inspirational films to the marketplace. We are thrilled to collaborate with them on WILD,” says Witherspoon.
“We have long been huge fans of this visceral, inspirational and moving personal story with such a strong female perspective,” says Utley and Gilula. “It has been a dream of the studio to work with Reese Witherspoon and we are thrilled to be partnered with her, Bruna Papandrea, Bill Pohlad and Nick Hornby.”
3. Oxygen has cancelled “The Glee Project”. Sorry. (THR)
4. Disney has released the first trailer for their Julian Assange biopic “The Fifth Estate”, starring Benedict Cumberbatch
5. “Live Free or Die Hard” cutie Mary Elizabeth Winstead has joined the cast of “Kill the Messenger” with Jeremy Renner as journalist Gary Webb. (Deadline)
6. Anna Kendrick, Molly Shannon and Cheryl Hines have boarded “Life After Beth”, Jeff Baena’s directorial debut that has Dane DeHaan in the lead role (Deadline)
7. Animated series “American Dad!” is moving from FOX to TBS in 2014 (Fox)
8.Having made network history as its highest rated original series premiere ever and with continued ratings success in weeks two and three, SHOWTIME has picked up a second season of its critically acclaimed drama “Ray Donovan”.
9. In a world first, The Whitsundays has collaborated with world renowned screenwriter, Craig Pearce (”The Great Gatsby”), to create a movie storyboard that is entirely crowd-sourced via social media. Inspired by the stunning movie-worthy location The Whitsundays, Australians are being invited to submit short movie scenes on Facebook and Instagram in order to co-create a complete movie storyboard with Pearce.
Fresh off the world-wide success of ”The Great Gatsby”, Craig Pearce will act as Script Supervisor on the movie storyboard. Not only will he choose the daily winners, but Pearce will also share his invaluable industry insights by providing daily screenwriting tips for budding writers. Pearce says, “I’m truly excited to be curating this movie storyboard. Stories are fundamental to what makes us human and from oral storytelling to painting, to pen and ink, to print, to stage, to music, to film and television, we have constantly embraced technology to tell stories in new and exciting ways.”
“Using social media to create a movie storyboard is evolving storytelling into the digital age – I can’t wait to see the results.”
The film has been appropriately titled The Whitsundays, with the crowd-sourcing project to run for four weeks. Each working day an image will be uploaded onto the destination’s Facebook and Instagram pages as visual prompts for Australians to write the next scene. In return for their involvement, Australians will receive recognition on movie credits, $500 daily prizes and a $10,000 Whitsundays holiday grand prize are on offer. To follow and contribute to the story, head to the following websites: http://www.thewhitsundays.com.au www.instagram.com/whitsundaysqld http://www.facebook.com/whitsundaysqld
10. The first photo of Sean Penn in his new movie “The Gunman” has been revealed.
- Exclusive : Steve Jobs looking for Dad - December 22, 2014
- Into the Woods - December 22, 2014
- Snap! Interview on Crackle rumor goes Pop! - December 22, 2014
- Drew Goddard may direct next Spider-Man - December 22, 2014
- Trailer : The Wedding Ringer - December 22, 2014
- The Interview only delayed, says Sony lawyer - December 21, 2014
- Trailer : It Follows - December 20, 2014
- Trailer : Kill Me Three Times - December 20, 2014
- The Interview sh*storm still spins - December 20, 2014
- Interview promo suggests Christmas day release still on!? - December 19, 2014
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.