Billy Campbell – or as his father Walt Disney christened him ‘The Rocketeer’ – has snared the lead in one of the more anticipated TV offerings of the next twelve months.
The actor who shares the same name as a “Melrose Place” character most long to forget will front SyFy’s upcoming series “Helix”. The gig comes hot on the heels of Campbell’s two-season stint on AMC’s “The Killing”, in which he played a politician.
Campbell’s playing Dr. Alan Farragut in the dark thriller series about scientists out to solve a disease outbreak, says Deadline.
“Farragut is just getting over a failed marriage and the affair his wife had with his brother, who now needs his help after becoming infected with a deadly disease. ”
Much of the interest in “Helix” is based on the involvement of “Battlestar Galactica” alum Ron Moore, serving as EP, but with a good cast intact, it might keep viewers interested post that inevitable ‘shit! there’s no Cylons in this thing!’ revelation.
- Netflix’s Daredevil shows us a Kingpin! - March 3, 2015
- Star Wars spin-off writer ripostes! - March 3, 2015
- Lily Allen in Fifty Shades Darker? - March 3, 2015
- Sounds as good as official : Michael Biehn’s back for Alien 5 - March 3, 2015
- Superhero Bits : Supergirl, Suicide Squad, Batman - March 3, 2015
- Red-Band Trailer : Get Hard - March 3, 2015
- Casting : Black, Cuban, Berg, Rousey, Uwais, Dornan, Murphy - March 3, 2015
- Killing alum is Shondra’s latest Catch - March 3, 2015
- Orphan Black season 3 trailer - March 3, 2015
- Valderrama joins that Minority Report show - March 3, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.