Billy Campbell – or as his father Walt Disney christened him ‘The Rocketeer’ – has snared the lead in one of the more anticipated TV offerings of the next twelve months.
The actor who shares the same name as a “Melrose Place” character most long to forget will front SyFy’s upcoming series “Helix”. The gig comes hot on the heels of Campbell’s two-season stint on AMC’s “The Killing”, in which he played a politician.
Campbell’s playing Dr. Alan Farragut in the dark thriller series about scientists out to solve a disease outbreak, says Deadline.
“Farragut is just getting over a failed marriage and the affair his wife had with his brother, who now needs his help after becoming infected with a deadly disease. ”
Much of the interest in “Helix” is based on the involvement of “Battlestar Galactica” alum Ron Moore, serving as EP, but with a good cast intact, it might keep viewers interested post that inevitable ‘shit! there’s no Cylons in this thing!’ revelation.
- Creed punches into production! - January 27, 2015
- Beetlejuice 2 is really happening, says Winona Ryder - January 27, 2015
- Knock Knock who’s there? Lionsgate with 3 million bucks! - January 27, 2015
- Gobots go to the big screen!? - January 27, 2015
- Arnold vs Arnold Genisys details! - January 27, 2015
- Yep, this is the Fantastic Four costume - January 27, 2015
- NBC going with Monica Potter series - January 27, 2015
- That’s no Moon, it’s a New Moon! - January 27, 2015
- ABC commissions Chevy Chase, Beverly D’Angelo show - January 27, 2015
- Edgar Wright’s next comes complete with a Twist - January 27, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.