I’ve hijacked Clint’s regular ’10 Breaking Bits’ column to spread some of the many bits and pieces revealed at Comic-Con today :
DEXTER: THE COMPLETE FINAL SEASON and DEXTER: THE COMPLETE SERIES COLLECTION will arrive on Blu-ray Disc and DVD November 5, it was announced during today’s Dexter panel at San Diego
Comic-Con International 2013. From Showtime Networks, CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Media Distribution, DEXTER: THE COMPLETE SERIES COLLECTION includes all eight acclaimed seasons in an ultra-collectible recreation of the actual blood slide box used by Dexter Morgan to catalog his victims on the show. Also designed and included specifically for this collection, “Grafix: The Art of Dexter” is a collection of photography, fan artwork and iconography and images used in the series’ cutting edge promotional campaigns. Finally, fans will enjoy an all-new bonus disc with access to over three hours of behind-the-scene interviews, featurettes and more. Available for the first time on Blu-ray Disc and DVD, this bonus material delves deep into the series and is highlighted by the new documentaries “The Evolution of Dexter Morgan” and “The Code.” Amazon.com will also be offering an exclusive complete collection, showcased in sleek, collectible “bust/head” packaging representing an anonymous Dexter kill.
Headlined by Michael C. Hall in his Golden Globe® and SAG Award-winning role as the now-iconic titular character, and winner of 31 awards including two Golden Globes® and four Emmys®, DEXTER was named as one of the best-written series of all time by the Writers Guild of America. The acclaimed series follows the seemingly mild-mannered vigilante serial killer (Hall) as he spends his days solving crimes and nights committing them. DEXTER: THE COMPLETE SERIES COLLECTION features a stellar ensemble cast including Julie Benz, Jennifer Carpenter, Erik King, C.S. Lee, Lauren Vélez, David Zayas, Geoff Pierson, Desmond Harrington, Aimee Garcia and James Remar.
The DEXTER: THE COMPLETE SERIES COLLECTION will be available as a 25-disc Blu-ray set and 33-disc DVD set for the suggested retail price of $427.99 and $352.99, respectively.
DEXTER: THE COMPLETE FINAL SEASON includes the final 12 episodes of the bone-chilling series and will also be available November 5 as a three-disc Blu-ray Disc and
four-disc DVD set for the suggested retail price of $68.99 and $57.99, respectively.
2. There’s an “Insidious : Chapter 2” Ice-Cream truck doing the rounds in San Diego. It will then head to LA, Chicago and NY. Follow the Twitter accounts below to find out when the truck will hit your city!
3. “Beauty & the Beast : First Season” DVD was officially announced at Comic-Con today. Let’s let the presser do the talking :
The BEAUTY & THE BEAST – THE FIRST SEASON DVD will be released on October 1, it was announced today during a “Beauty & the Beast” panel with cast and producers at San Diego Comic-Con International 2013. Fans in attendance also received a sneak peek of the gag reel, which is included in the DVD collection from CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Media Distribution.
In addition to all 22 episodes of the first season, the six-disc DVD collection boasts numerous deleted scenes and never-before-seen featurettes
4. Search for the “Oldboy” hotel escorts here at SDCC who are, the PR spiel tells us, “ready to serve you”.
— #Oldboy (@FilmDistrict) July 18, 2013
5. To kick-off their Comic-Con promo, “Machete Kills” has released a new clip from the upcoming sequel (featuring kick-ass Michelle Rodriguez!)
6. Released at Comic-Con was this new “You’re Next” – a horror movie starring Aussie Sharni Vinson – poster!
7. James Spader was present at the Comic-Con premiere of his new series “The Blacklist” and said of his character in the show :
“You’re immediately drawn in by these people, but by the end you know nothing about them,” he said of The Blacklist‘s enigmatic storytelling. “That’s great because when you’re shooting your 18th episode of the season you want to be surprised… the first time i ever did a series I loved that aspect, it was such a gamble. You really didn’t know where it was going to go – you grew with the show and the show grew with you.” More
8. The stars of TV’s “Sherlock” showed up via video to promote their series at Comic-Con.
9. Cate Blanchett, Kit Harington and Djimon Hounsou can be heard in “How To Train Your Dragon 2”, it was announced on the DreamWorks Animation panel today.
10. The CW’s “Star-Crossed” had young audiences “cooing” at Comic-Con.