Annie get your gun, a fierce friggin’ lawyer is on her way over.
“Damages” star Rose Byrne is in talks to join movie musical redo “Annie”, according to our wealthier pals at The Hollywood Reporter.
The spunky Aussite would join fellow looker Cameron Diaz on the Will Smith produced project.
The Bridesmaids star would take on the role of Grace, dutiful assistant to Jamie Foxx’s Oliver “Daddy” Warbucks character (here called Benjamin Stacks), the rich New York financier who takes in the titlular orphan, played in the adaptation by Quvenzhane Wallis.
Cameron Diaz has signed on to play Miss Hannigan, the story’s villainous orphanage matron.
As unappealing a project as it sounds (or maybe that’s just the ‘Will Smith loves him some redoing classics’ stench coming from Overbrook) this thing’s likely to shape up OK – it’s got a good cast (an Oscar winner even), Jay-Z – also producing – is doing the music, and “Easy A” director Will Gluck is helming. I reckon it’ll be a tolerable sit-through with my 6-year-old.
- Charlie Sheen reprising one of his classic roles - December 18, 2014
- Carell’s North Korea movie cancelled - December 18, 2014
- Stuhlbarg logs onto Jobs biopic - December 18, 2014
- Dumb guys want Carrey for Deep Cover - December 18, 2014
- North Korea responsible for Sony attack - December 18, 2014
- Sony not releasing The Interview now - December 18, 2014
- Trailer : Alien Outpost - December 17, 2014
- Peter Dinklage vs. girly Ghostbusters? - December 17, 2014
- Cinemas dropping The Interview after threats - December 17, 2014
- The Water Diviner - December 17, 2014
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.