MMA fighter and “Fast & Furious 6″ star Gina Carano will play Rob Liefeld’s comic creation ”Avengelyne” on the big screen, The Hollywood Reporter announced today.
Carano and Liefeld will talk up the film at Comic-Con on Saturday, where posters of the fighter/actress-in-character will be given out.
Said to be of a similar theme to the Kate Beckinsale-starring “Underworld” movies, the movie will be based on a series of comics about “a fallen angel cast to Earth. Her mission is to find and protect “The One,” a person who holds the key to saving mankind from demons and other monsters.”
The director and writer haven’t been chosen yet. The search begins next week for both.
There’ll likely be more info on the project after Carano and Liefeld’s visit to Comic-Con on Saturday.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015