MMA fighter and “Fast & Furious 6″ star Gina Carano will play Rob Liefeld’s comic creation ”Avengelyne” on the big screen, The Hollywood Reporter announced today.
Carano and Liefeld will talk up the film at Comic-Con on Saturday, where posters of the fighter/actress-in-character will be given out.
Said to be of a similar theme to the Kate Beckinsale-starring “Underworld” movies, the movie will be based on a series of comics about “a fallen angel cast to Earth. Her mission is to find and protect “The One,” a person who holds the key to saving mankind from demons and other monsters.”
The director and writer haven’t been chosen yet. The search begins next week for both.
There’ll likely be more info on the project after Carano and Liefeld’s visit to Comic-Con on Saturday.
- First look : The Man from U.N.C.L.E - December 22, 2014
- Mark Hamill on his Trickster reprisal - December 22, 2014
- Kate Winslet’s next Job may be with Boyle - December 21, 2014
- Two new posters come into Focus - December 21, 2014
- Mike Myers resurrects Dr. Evil - December 21, 2014
- ‘Ross’ from Friends defends O.J Simpson - December 21, 2014
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014