Universal had Vin Diesel, as well as cast and crew of “Riddick”, promote their upcoming “Pitch Black” threequel today.
Joining the muscular Diesel on stage were David Twohy, who reminded the audience he was at Comic-Con years ago for the first film in this franchise, and actress Katee Sackhoff.
This one was conceived without the assistance of a studio.
“Not having a studio was daunting,” said Twohy. “Creative meetings were in Vin’s kitchen. We knew we didn’t have all the money in the world for this one, so we made it a survival story.”
The film sees Riddick and Sackhoff’s character Doll going up against creatures, among other threats, on a planet.
Sackhoff says Riddick might be “the most dangerous thing on the planet, [but he’s] not the worst thing on the planet.”
Asked what drives Riddick, Diesel replied “Grrr”.
As for that Marvel movie news that Diesel has been hinting to in recent weeks? “I’ll say this: big news at the end of the month…” the actor said.
The new restricted trailer for the film was screened, and that’s now online :
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014
- Spielberg selects BFG‘s Sophie - December 16, 2014
- Mad Men alum joins Cameron Crowe series - December 16, 2014
- Heche, Riggle join Topher Grace musical - December 16, 2014
- More Batman v Superman spoilers! - December 16, 2014