Universal had Vin Diesel, as well as cast and crew of “Riddick”, promote their upcoming “Pitch Black” threequel today.
Joining the muscular Diesel on stage were David Twohy, who reminded the audience he was at Comic-Con years ago for the first film in this franchise, and actress Katee Sackhoff.
This one was conceived without the assistance of a studio.
“Not having a studio was daunting,” said Twohy. “Creative meetings were in Vin’s kitchen. We knew we didn’t have all the money in the world for this one, so we made it a survival story.”
The film sees Riddick and Sackhoff’s character Doll going up against creatures, among other threats, on a planet.
Sackhoff says Riddick might be “the most dangerous thing on the planet, [but he’s] not the worst thing on the planet.”
Asked what drives Riddick, Diesel replied “Grrr”.
As for that Marvel movie news that Diesel has been hinting to in recent weeks? “I’ll say this: big news at the end of the month…” the actor said.
The new restricted trailer for the film was screened, and that’s now online :
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015