Ballroom 20 was wall-to-wall clad with excited fans, largely of the Whedonverse, but also of “The Avengers” variety, for “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D” Panel.
Here are 10 things we learnt courtesy of the panelists, who included creator Joss Whedon and stars Elizabeth Henstridge, Ian De Caestecker, Chloe Bennet, Brett Dalton, Ming-Na Wen and Clark Gregg, as well as the pilot episode – which they screened for the excited audience!
1. More characters from the Marvel Universe may appear but Whedon couldn’t reveal anything without spoiling the series.
2. The show will introduce new heroes we HAVEN’T seen before.
3. Deadpool won’t be appearing on the series, sad to report.
4. The show is very focused on the jobs and lives of the agents at S.H.I.E.L.D.
5. There are references and inside jokes regarding other characters from the Marvel universe, on the show.
6. How does Agent Coulson survive (what happened to him in “The Avengers”)? Well, we won’t say but we will say… it’s handled very, very effectively.
7. There’s some great gadgets, weapons and machinery on the show; it’s clearly evident they had a nice budget to play with here.
8. The show has a similar tone to Whedon’s other shows, in that it’s funny but also smart and action-packed.
9. Cobie Smulders’ Maria Hill does have a part to play in the original. It is small, but vital.
10. Bennett (‘Skye’) auditioned six times before getting the part; upon getting ‘the call’, she cried.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015