Ballroom 20 was wall-to-wall clad with excited fans, largely of the Whedonverse, but also of “The Avengers” variety, for “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D” Panel.
Here are 10 things we learnt courtesy of the panelists, who included creator Joss Whedon and stars Elizabeth Henstridge, Ian De Caestecker, Chloe Bennet, Brett Dalton, Ming-Na Wen and Clark Gregg, as well as the pilot episode – which they screened for the excited audience!
1. More characters from the Marvel Universe may appear but Whedon couldn’t reveal anything without spoiling the series.
2. The show will introduce new heroes we HAVEN’T seen before.
3. Deadpool won’t be appearing on the series, sad to report.
4. The show is very focused on the jobs and lives of the agents at S.H.I.E.L.D.
5. There are references and inside jokes regarding other characters from the Marvel universe, on the show.
6. How does Agent Coulson survive (what happened to him in “The Avengers”)? Well, we won’t say but we will say… it’s handled very, very effectively.
7. There’s some great gadgets, weapons and machinery on the show; it’s clearly evident they had a nice budget to play with here.
8. The show has a similar tone to Whedon’s other shows, in that it’s funny but also smart and action-packed.
9. Cobie Smulders’ Maria Hill does have a part to play in the original. It is small, but vital.
10. Bennett (‘Skye’) auditioned six times before getting the part; upon getting ‘the call’, she cried.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015