Ballroom 20 was wall-to-wall clad with excited fans, largely of the Whedonverse, but also of “The Avengers” variety, for “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D” Panel.
Here are 10 things we learnt courtesy of the panelists, who included creator Joss Whedon and stars Elizabeth Henstridge, Ian De Caestecker, Chloe Bennet, Brett Dalton, Ming-Na Wen and Clark Gregg, as well as the pilot episode – which they screened for the excited audience!
1. More characters from the Marvel Universe may appear but Whedon couldn’t reveal anything without spoiling the series.
2. The show will introduce new heroes we HAVEN’T seen before.
3. Deadpool won’t be appearing on the series, sad to report.
4. The show is very focused on the jobs and lives of the agents at S.H.I.E.L.D.
5. There are references and inside jokes regarding other characters from the Marvel universe, on the show.
6. How does Agent Coulson survive (what happened to him in “The Avengers”)? Well, we won’t say but we will say… it’s handled very, very effectively.
7. There’s some great gadgets, weapons and machinery on the show; it’s clearly evident they had a nice budget to play with here.
8. The show has a similar tone to Whedon’s other shows, in that it’s funny but also smart and action-packed.
9. Cobie Smulders’ Maria Hill does have a part to play in the original. It is small, but vital.
10. Bennett (‘Skye’) auditioned six times before getting the part; upon getting ‘the call’, she cried.
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014
- Spielberg selects BFG‘s Sophie - December 16, 2014
- Mad Men alum joins Cameron Crowe series - December 16, 2014
- Heche, Riggle join Topher Grace musical - December 16, 2014
- More Batman v Superman spoilers! - December 16, 2014