Marvel announced Joss Whedon to the stage to announce “The Avengers : Age of Ultron” at the end of the comic book magnate’s big presentation today here at Comic-Con.
“I have one more thing to add”, Whedon said before the crowd, who had just sat through promos for “Guardians of the Galaxy” and the “Thor” and “Captain America” sequels.
Whedon then revealed an image of the villain Ultron, the artificial intelligence created by Ant-Man, Dr. Henry Pym, who tries to destroy everything in his path – including his creator. Ultron would later go on to create the android The Vision (who Vin Diesel is rumoured to be playing). Vision, like his creator, is an adversary of The Avengers at first, but later switches sides.
Assumingly, all of ‘The Avengers’ cast will be back, alongside director Whedon, for the Summer 2015 sequel.
- Trailer : The Love Punch - April 23, 2014
- Peters to star in Benyon’s Woman Who Came to Dinner - April 2, 2014
- Which former 007 has agreed to join The Expendables? - March 29, 2014
- Walters, Hutchison and Karna climb Sugar Mountain - March 28, 2014
- Trailer : Nymphomaniac Volume II - March 19, 2014
- Gordon, Bishop seek out Artifical Intelligence - March 6, 2014
- Cumberbatch, Oldman, Williams, McDiarmid & more locked for Star Wars : Episode VII? - February 25, 2014
- Stephen Fry joins Jack Bauer for 24 - January 28, 2014
- A couple more Star Wars Episode VII candidates - November 19, 2013
- Former Ramsay Street resident may lead Terminator - November 7, 2013