“True Blood” star Kevin Alejandro and “Dark Knight” villain Michael Jai White will join “Arrow” for it’s second season on The CW.
White is playing Bronze Tiger, while Alejandro is Sebastian Blood.
Also, keep an eye out for Black Canary next season – and no, it’s not Laurel behind the mask. “The first Green Arrow we saw wasn’t Oliver; chronologically, it was Yao Fei,” EP Andrew Kreisberg said, “the first Deathstroke we saw wasn’t Slade Wilson; the first Merlyn the archer we saw wasn’t his father, it was Tommy.” (In other words, Laurel will inherit the Black Canary title later on).
A video of the next season, which premiered at Comic-Con, has been released online.
SAN DIEGO and BURBANK, Calif. (July 20, 2013) — Oliver Queen (series star Stephen Amell) will have his work cut out for him when he returns to Starling City on October 9 for the second season of The CW’s #1 series Arrow (Wednesdays 8/7c). At today’s Comic-Con panel session in Ballroom 20, fans learned of two new DC Comics characters coming to Starling City — Bronze Tiger and Sebastian Blood. Executive producers Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg revealed that Michael Jai White (Spawn, The Dark Knight, Mortal Kombat) will guest star as Bronze Tiger, while Kevin Alejandro (Southland, True Blood, Golden Boy) will appear as Sebastian Blood in upcoming episodes of the acclaimed action drama’s second season (airdates to be announced).
– Michael Jai White plays Ben Turner, a claw-wielding assassin better known as Bronze Tiger, who’s well known to DC Comics fans as a member of both the League of Assassins and the Suicide Squad. On Arrow, he’ll form an unholy alliance with fan-favorite villain China White (played by Kelly Hu), another well-established character in the DC Comics universe.
– Kevin Alejandro plays Sebastian Blood. Drawing inspiration from the iconic New Teen Titans nemesis Brother Blood, Sebastian is an alderman who rises to power in the wake of the earthquake that devastated Starling City in Arrow’s first-season finale. Blood’s “man-of-the-people” popularity instantly places him at odds with Oliver Queen, whose family he blames for the quake.
In terms of embracing their dark side, Michael Jai White appeared in The Dark Knight with Heath Ledger’s Joker, voiced DC Comics villain Doomsday in the animated Justice League and portrayed the hell-bound title character in New Line Cinema’s Spawn. Kevin Alejandro, on the other hand, is better known for playing cops and detectives (Southland, Golden Boy), but recently his character paid the ultimate price for practicing witchcraft in his role as Jesus Velasquez in True Blood.
Based upon characters published by DC Comics, Arrow is executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Guggenheim and Kreisberg. The series is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015