According to The Wrap, Melissa McCarthy is in talks to reunite with her “Bridesmaids” and “The Heat” director Paul Feig for “Susan Cooper”, the female spy comedy, which Feig also wrote, over at Fox.
No word on who McCarthy, who recently wrapped “Tammy”, will play but one can only assume she’s not playing the title role. Though, since the film is reportedly a comedy, I could be wrong, and don’t mind being proven so.
The project is said to have been inspired by both Feig’s love of recent 007 vehicle “Casino Royale”, which reintroduced audiences to James Bond, but also the filmmaker’s determination to see more female-led comedies on the screen.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015