With 2004 being like, oh, so 9 nine years ago… Hollywood’s looking at what films from that prehistoric time they can now remake. While Quentin Tarantino quickly makes sure the rights to “Pulp Fiction” can’t be exploited, FilmEngine and Benderspink have joined forces with “Butterfly Effect” writer-director Eric Bress to make a redo of that movie.
The original, you may recall, starred Ashton Kutcher as a young man who travels through time trying to fix the wrongs in his life but ultimately he only makes things worse for himself and anyone around him. Amy Smart, Ethan Suplee and Eric Stoltz co-starred.
Two direct-to-DVD sequels followed.
According to Variety, there’s no director or time-traveler set yet.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015