Gigantic talent Philip Seymour Hoffman is expected to star in and produce a new comedy for Showtime, says Deadline.
Predicted to be announced at the TCA’s in the coming days, “Trending Down” is described as ”a blistering attack on our youth-obsessed culture, and a darkly comic examination of what it means to matter. Or matter not. It centers on Thom Payne (Hoffman), a man facing his own obsolescence after his advertising agency is taken over.”
Kathryn Hahn, so good in “Step Brothers”, would play Hoffman’s wife.
John Cameron Mitchell (“Hedwig and the Angry Inch”) would direct the pilot.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015