Gigantic talent Philip Seymour Hoffman is expected to star in and produce a new comedy for Showtime, says Deadline.
Predicted to be announced at the TCA’s in the coming days, “Trending Down” is described as ”a blistering attack on our youth-obsessed culture, and a darkly comic examination of what it means to matter. Or matter not. It centers on Thom Payne (Hoffman), a man facing his own obsolescence after his advertising agency is taken over.”
Kathryn Hahn, so good in “Step Brothers”, would play Hoffman’s wife.
John Cameron Mitchell (“Hedwig and the Angry Inch”) would direct the pilot.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015