NBC had some surprise announcements to make at their TCA’s panel this weekend, namely the inclusion of a Hilary Clinton mini-series to star Diane Lane, and new small-screen versions of Stephen King’s “The Tommyknockers” and horror classic “Rosemary’s Baby”.
Deadline says the 4-hour miniseries “Hilary”, starring “Man of Steel” star Lane as Bill’s missus, “recounts Clinton’s life as a wife, mother, politician and cabinet member from 1998 to the present as she goes from First Lady to US Senator and then Secretary of State.”
The network’s prez said he doesn’t expect Clinton to endorse the project.
A new take on Stephen King’s “Tommyknockers” is in the works, with Yves Simoneau directing, as is “Rosemary’s Baby”, a four-hour mini-series being written by Scott Abbott.
“Plymouth”, the story of the landing of the pilgrims, produced by Mark Burnett, is also in the works at the network.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014