“Hunger Games” star Wes Bentley, James Marsden (“X-Men”) and Alan Tudyk (“Abraham Lincoln : Vampire Hunter”) have joined the cast of “Welcome to Me”, tarring Kristen Wiig and produced by Gary Sanchez Productions and Bron Studios, it was announced today.
The Shira Piven-directed dramatic comedy tells the story of Alice (Wiig) who suffers from borderline personality disorder and wins the lottery only to decide to spend her money on a cable access talk show about herself. The show reflects her larger-than-life personality and absolute obsession with wanting to be famous, even if it means alienating her friends and family in the process. UTA is packaging and representing the film for the US market. Cargo International is handling international sales.
Among the producers, Will Ferrell and Wiig.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015