With “The Mortal Instruments : City of Bones” likely to make more money than a Beverly Hills surgeon on opening weekend (and I’ll be one of the patrons! really looking forward to seeing how the yarn works on celluloid!), no surprise to hear that it’s all guns firing on a movie sequel.
Producers are out to Sigourney Weaver to play the ruthless leader of the Shadowhunters in ”The Mortal Instruments: City of Ashes”, due to film in October.
Weaver, who has been working busily the last few years, appearing in everything from the Taylor Lautner dud “Abduction” to “Cabin in the Woods” (though uncredited), would join Lily Collins and Jamie Campbell Bower in the Constantin sequel.
“Ashes” would continue the story “of a girl (Collins) who discovers she is a demon-slaying Shadowhunter and enters a world filled with warring vampires, werewolves and faeries, while also falling for another Shadowhunter (Bower)”, says The Hollywood Reporter.
Weaver’s character, the aforesaid leader of the Shadowhunters, is out seek revenge on the man that killed her son.
Harald Zwart, who directs next month’s “City of Bones”, would reprise his role as director.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014