With “The Mortal Instruments : City of Bones” likely to make more money than a Beverly Hills surgeon on opening weekend (and I’ll be one of the patrons! really looking forward to seeing how the yarn works on celluloid!), no surprise to hear that it’s all guns firing on a movie sequel.
Producers are out to Sigourney Weaver to play the ruthless leader of the Shadowhunters in ”The Mortal Instruments: City of Ashes”, due to film in October.
Weaver, who has been working busily the last few years, appearing in everything from the Taylor Lautner dud “Abduction” to “Cabin in the Woods” (though uncredited), would join Lily Collins and Jamie Campbell Bower in the Constantin sequel.
“Ashes” would continue the story “of a girl (Collins) who discovers she is a demon-slaying Shadowhunter and enters a world filled with warring vampires, werewolves and faeries, while also falling for another Shadowhunter (Bower)”, says The Hollywood Reporter.
Weaver’s character, the aforesaid leader of the Shadowhunters, is out seek revenge on the man that killed her son.
Harald Zwart, who directs next month’s “City of Bones”, would reprise his role as director.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015