Josh Hartnett and Eva Green will star in an eight-episode horror series called “Penny Dreadful” for Showtime.
Both actors aren’t unfamiliar with horror having appeared in the likes of “30 Days of Night” and “Dark Shadows”, respectively.
“Hugo” scribe John Logan is onboard to write and executive produce the series alongside Bond’s Sam Mendes and Neal Street’s Pippa Harris.
The series, beginning production in the Fall in London, will reportedly air next Fall.
The Hollywood Reporter says :
Hartnett will play Ethan Chandler, a man of action and daring, he’s not afraid of violence. He’s charming and brash but there are demons behind his eyes. He’s more complicated than he likes to admit.
Green will play Vanessa, the singular female of the story. She’s enigmatic with haunted eyes and utterly composed. She will prove herself a force to be reckoned with and the heroine of the series.
The show was created by writer and EP Logan.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015