Josh Hartnett and Eva Green will star in an eight-episode horror series called “Penny Dreadful” for Showtime.
Both actors aren’t unfamiliar with horror having appeared in the likes of “30 Days of Night” and “Dark Shadows”, respectively.
“Hugo” scribe John Logan is onboard to write and executive produce the series alongside Bond’s Sam Mendes and Neal Street’s Pippa Harris.
The series, beginning production in the Fall in London, will reportedly air next Fall.
The Hollywood Reporter says :
Hartnett will play Ethan Chandler, a man of action and daring, he’s not afraid of violence. He’s charming and brash but there are demons behind his eyes. He’s more complicated than he likes to admit.
Green will play Vanessa, the singular female of the story. She’s enigmatic with haunted eyes and utterly composed. She will prove herself a force to be reckoned with and the heroine of the series.
The show was created by writer and EP Logan.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015