Josh Hartnett and Eva Green will star in an eight-episode horror series called “Penny Dreadful” for Showtime.
Both actors aren’t unfamiliar with horror having appeared in the likes of “30 Days of Night” and “Dark Shadows”, respectively.
“Hugo” scribe John Logan is onboard to write and executive produce the series alongside Bond’s Sam Mendes and Neal Street’s Pippa Harris.
The series, beginning production in the Fall in London, will reportedly air next Fall.
The Hollywood Reporter says :
Hartnett will play Ethan Chandler, a man of action and daring, he’s not afraid of violence. He’s charming and brash but there are demons behind his eyes. He’s more complicated than he likes to admit.
Green will play Vanessa, the singular female of the story. She’s enigmatic with haunted eyes and utterly composed. She will prove herself a force to be reckoned with and the heroine of the series.
The show was created by writer and EP Logan.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014