Former “Mad About You” co-stars Helen Hunt and Richard Kind will reunite on Hunt’s “Ride”, which the latter wrote, directs, produces and stars in.
Deadline says the film, which Hunt put together two years ago, begins production in L.A on August 5.
Richard Kind, who played ‘Mark’ on “Mad About You”, reunites with his small-screen co-star on the project; also onboard, Luke Wilson, David Zayas, Mike White, Leonor Varela, Elizabeth Jayne and Aussie Brenton Thwaites.
The latter plays a 20-year old NYU student who moves from New York to California for the summer. He leaves behind his strong-willed magazine editor mother (Hunt) and when she hears he’s chucking school for surfing, she follows him. There, he pursues his dream and she pursues him. Along the way she meets a surf teacher (Wilson) who brings her to life in every way. Both mother and son find their own version of love, sex and an unexpected state of grace in a most unlikely place.
Hunt is coming off an Oscar-nominated turn for her role in “The Sessions”.
- The King of Queens returning to TV - April 2, 2015
- Lanter fighting sharks with Nicolas Cage - April 2, 2015
- Trailer : Straight Outta Compton - April 2, 2015
- Eastwood may direct DiCaprio’s next - April 2, 2015
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D caught up in Hoax - April 2, 2015
- Berg gets a crack at G.I Joe - April 2, 2015
- Pileggi, Davis, Patrick, Gish return for X-Files - April 2, 2015
- Delpy, Cardellini enter the Marvel universe - April 2, 2015
- Deadpool to have sex with French Unicorns!? - April 2, 2015
- Lionsgate swings open for Pacino, Hopkins, Duhamel thriller - April 2, 2015