Former “Mad About You” co-stars Helen Hunt and Richard Kind will reunite on Hunt’s “Ride”, which the latter wrote, directs, produces and stars in.
Deadline says the film, which Hunt put together two years ago, begins production in L.A on August 5.
Richard Kind, who played ‘Mark’ on “Mad About You”, reunites with his small-screen co-star on the project; also onboard, Luke Wilson, David Zayas, Mike White, Leonor Varela, Elizabeth Jayne and Aussie Brenton Thwaites.
The latter plays a 20-year old NYU student who moves from New York to California for the summer. He leaves behind his strong-willed magazine editor mother (Hunt) and when she hears he’s chucking school for surfing, she follows him. There, he pursues his dream and she pursues him. Along the way she meets a surf teacher (Wilson) who brings her to life in every way. Both mother and son find their own version of love, sex and an unexpected state of grace in a most unlikely place.
Hunt is coming off an Oscar-nominated turn for her role in “The Sessions”.
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014
- Spielberg selects BFG‘s Sophie - December 16, 2014
- Mad Men alum joins Cameron Crowe series - December 16, 2014
- Heche, Riggle join Topher Grace musical - December 16, 2014
- More Batman v Superman spoilers! - December 16, 2014
- J.Jonah Jameson vs. King Kong - December 16, 2014
- Finally! McDonald’s movie in the works - December 11, 2014