Martin Henderson, who hasn’t had much luck in TV the past few years, with most of his series either getting the axe fairly early or not being picked up, is going to give it another red-hot try.
The “Off the Map” star will lead Sundance Channel’s “The Red Road”, according to Deadline.
Previously known as “The Descendants”, the series – greenlight straight to air for a guaranteed six episodes – is described as “a hard-hitting drama that revolves around Harold Jensen (Henderson), a sheriff struggling to keep his family together while simultaneously policing two clashing communities: the small town where he grew up and the neighboring Ramapo Mountains, home of the Ramapo Mountain Indians. Henderson joins previously cast Jason Momoa, who plays Indian ex-con Phillip Kopus and Julianne Nicholson who plays Jensen’s wife.”
Henderson next appears in the “Devil’s Knot” movie about the West Memphis Three.
- Trailer : The Love Punch - April 23, 2014
- Peters to star in Benyon’s Woman Who Came to Dinner - April 2, 2014
- Which former 007 has agreed to join The Expendables? - March 29, 2014
- Walters, Hutchison and Karna climb Sugar Mountain - March 28, 2014
- Trailer : Nymphomaniac Volume II - March 19, 2014
- Gordon, Bishop seek out Artifical Intelligence - March 6, 2014
- Cumberbatch, Oldman, Williams, McDiarmid & more locked for Star Wars : Episode VII? - February 25, 2014
- Stephen Fry joins Jack Bauer for 24 - January 28, 2014
- A couple more Star Wars Episode VII candidates - November 19, 2013
- Former Ramsay Street resident may lead Terminator - November 7, 2013