Once they’re done with “Transformers”, Paramount plans to bring ‘Monster Trucks’ to the big screen – and then again, and again, and again.
The prospective new franchise will likely be handed by “Ice Age” director Chris Wedge, with Paramount Animation producing and “Kung-Fu Panda” scribes Jonathan Aibel & Glenn Berger writing.
Deadline points out that the film isn’t based on a pre-ready brand, rather it’s something original. Like “Who Framed Roger Rabbit?” (wow, vintage example, love), it’ll combine live-action and CGI. The cost of the film is said to be set at around $100m. Yes, not much.
- Palmer, Hemsworth join Stender’s Kill Me Three Times - September 18, 2013
- Trailer : Machete Kills - September 18, 2013
- Chris Wedge to direct Monster Trucks movie for Paramount Animation - August 1, 2013
- Sarah Connor Chronicles‘ Josh Friedman writing Cameron’s Avatar 2 - August 1, 2013
- Damon looking to reunite with Clooney on Monuments Men - December 6, 2012
- Australian mini-series on Michael Hutchence and INXS in the works - December 6, 2012
- Cosmo Kramer returning to prime-time television - December 6, 2012
- Sean Bean replaces Brendan Fraser on TNT’s Legends - December 6, 2012
- Clarke and Isaac in William Monahan’s Mojave - December 6, 2012
- Joel Silver bringing I Hunt Killers to TV - December 1, 2012