Denzel Washington passed on a small role in Universal’s “Fast & Furious 7″, according to an article on Deadline that slams Hollywood’s inability to launch new franchises.
According to the piece, which pinpoints the “Fast and the Furious” franchise as one of the rare franchise successes of recent years, Washington knocked back what sounds like a small but showy role in the upcoming sequel – a role that would’ve carried over onto the eighth movie in the series.
The actor, on screens this weekend in “2 Guns”, may not have liked the idea of sharing the screen with a bunch of other big-name actors (he does seem to like doing only solo films or two-handers); director James Wan’s “Fast 7″ will feature, amongst the usual’s, Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham.
Washington next appears in “The Equalizer”, playing the title role.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014