Denzel Washington passed on a small role in Universal’s “Fast & Furious 7″, according to an article on Deadline that slams Hollywood’s inability to launch new franchises.
According to the piece, which pinpoints the “Fast and the Furious” franchise as one of the rare franchise successes of recent years, Washington knocked back what sounds like a small but showy role in the upcoming sequel – a role that would’ve carried over onto the eighth movie in the series.
The actor, on screens this weekend in “2 Guns”, may not have liked the idea of sharing the screen with a bunch of other big-name actors (he does seem to like doing only solo films or two-handers); director James Wan’s “Fast 7″ will feature, amongst the usual’s, Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham.
Washington next appears in “The Equalizer”, playing the title role.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015