The (second) remake of “Scarface” looks like it’ll be on screens sooner rather than later with Universal looking to tie down David Yates (“Harry Potter”) as its director.
Deadline says the studio has been working hard at getting a script they like, and they may have finally reached the point where they’re happy to sign off.
“Universal has been through a couple of drafts and now is very high on the current draft. The first stop is the director. This is before any conversations on talent or timing.”
This version of “Scarface” will apparently be totally different from the Hawks and De Palma films, with the only link being that it’ll fix on an crime kingpin who has worked his way up the ladder.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015