The (second) remake of “Scarface” looks like it’ll be on screens sooner rather than later with Universal looking to tie down David Yates (“Harry Potter”) as its director.
Deadline says the studio has been working hard at getting a script they like, and they may have finally reached the point where they’re happy to sign off.
“Universal has been through a couple of drafts and now is very high on the current draft. The first stop is the director. This is before any conversations on talent or timing.”
This version of “Scarface” will apparently be totally different from the Hawks and De Palma films, with the only link being that it’ll fix on an crime kingpin who has worked his way up the ladder.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015