Whether we like it or not, James Cameron is giving us three more “Avatar” movies.
Originally, it was only going to be two.
Cameron, who seems to be more in love with the idea of a whole anthology of “Avatar” movies than audiences do, has hired some top scriptwriters to work on the films.
As previously reported, Josh Friedman (”War of the Worlds”) writes the first sequel, with Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver (”Dawn of the Planet of the Apes”) and Shane Salerno (”Armageddon” and ”Savages”) working on the final two.
“In writing the new films, I’ve come to realise that Avatar’s world, story and characters have become even richer than I anticipated, and it became apparent that two films would not be enough to capture everything I wanted to put on screen,” Cameron said on Thursday, according to Deadline.
The three films will be shot simultaneously in 2014.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014