Whether we like it or not, James Cameron is giving us three more “Avatar” movies.
Originally, it was only going to be two.
Cameron, who seems to be more in love with the idea of a whole anthology of “Avatar” movies than audiences do, has hired some top scriptwriters to work on the films.
As previously reported, Josh Friedman (”War of the Worlds”) writes the first sequel, with Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver (”Dawn of the Planet of the Apes”) and Shane Salerno (”Armageddon” and ”Savages”) working on the final two.
“In writing the new films, I’ve come to realise that Avatar’s world, story and characters have become even richer than I anticipated, and it became apparent that two films would not be enough to capture everything I wanted to put on screen,” Cameron said on Thursday, according to Deadline.
The three films will be shot simultaneously in 2014.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015