Whether we like it or not, James Cameron is giving us three more “Avatar” movies.
Originally, it was only going to be two.
Cameron, who seems to be more in love with the idea of a whole anthology of “Avatar” movies than audiences do, has hired some top scriptwriters to work on the films.
As previously reported, Josh Friedman (”War of the Worlds”) writes the first sequel, with Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver (”Dawn of the Planet of the Apes”) and Shane Salerno (”Armageddon” and ”Savages”) working on the final two.
“In writing the new films, I’ve come to realise that Avatar’s world, story and characters have become even richer than I anticipated, and it became apparent that two films would not be enough to capture everything I wanted to put on screen,” Cameron said on Thursday, according to Deadline.
The three films will be shot simultaneously in 2014.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015