Looks like Universal have had no luck convincing Matt Damon to come back for another “Bourne” movie (that was the plan, I believe, at one stage; Damon did always say he wouldn’t even consider it unless Paul Greengrass directed it, so it just proves he’s a man of his word) with the studio lining up Jeremy Renner to star in a sequel to last year’s “The Bourne Legacy”.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, “Invictus” writer Anthony Peckham has been hired to write this fifth “Bourne”, which will pick up again on Renner’s Aaron Cross character.
“Legacy” wasn’t a mega-success by any stretch of the imagination, but the $276 million it chalked up worldwide still suggests there’s a big enough audience out there waiting for a sequel.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014