A TV reboot of the 1997 Sylvester Stallone showcase “Copland” is in the works for Miramax, reports Deadline.
James Mangold, who wrote and directed the film, is executive producing the series.
Mangold and Bryan Goluboff will write the pilot, which will again fix on a small-town sheriff who discovers his hometown and workplace is riddled with corruption.
The film featured a heavy cast of names including Sly, Robert De Niro, Ray Liotta, Janeane Garafolo, Harvey Keitel and Michael Rappaport; it’s likely none will be back to reprise their roles for the small-screen incarnation.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014