A TV reboot of the 1997 Sylvester Stallone showcase “Copland” is in the works for Miramax, reports Deadline.
James Mangold, who wrote and directed the film, is executive producing the series.
Mangold and Bryan Goluboff will write the pilot, which will again fix on a small-town sheriff who discovers his hometown and workplace is riddled with corruption.
The film featured a heavy cast of names including Sly, Robert De Niro, Ray Liotta, Janeane Garafolo, Harvey Keitel and Michael Rappaport; it’s likely none will be back to reprise their roles for the small-screen incarnation.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015