Josh Brolin has emerged as the frontrunner to play an older Bruce Wayne/Batman in the “Man of Steel” sequel, according to – the aptly titled – Heat Vision.
Brolin, 46, is a Warner Bros-favourie, having starred in several of their recent releases, including “Gangster Squad”.
Brolin’s “Gangster Squad” co-star Ryan Gosling is also on the wishlist of actors to play Batman in the Zack Snyder directed movie. At 32, he’s considerably younger than Brolin, but has a large band of followers and a long-line of great performances to corroborate he’d be able to pull the part of.
“True Blood” star Joe Manganiello, who was one of the frontrunners to play ‘Superman’ in “Man of Steel” but had to drop out of the race due to his TV show schedule, is back on Snyder’s radar for the Batman role. The actor, whose film credits include “Spider-Man” and “Magic Mike”, would more than make the ladies happy by squeezing himself into some leather pants.
Also on that long wishlist of actors being considered are “Watchmen” star Matthew Goode, “Pacific Rim” star Max Martini, and Richard Armitage of “The Hobbit”.
Surprisingly, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who played Christian Bale’s on-screen successor in “The Dark Knight Rises”, isn’t on that list.
Still, it’s early days, and with the script still being written it’s likely quite a few of those names will be scrubbed from the list, while others will be added, as the months tick on.
“Man of Steel 2″ or “Superman vs. Batman” (nobody is quite sure what the title is at this stage, only that it’ll feature both superheroes), will see Henry Cavill reprise the Man of Steel, and is set for a 2015 release.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015