This eye-popping film, stunningly edited from 20 years of verité footage, follows champion snowboarder Kevin Pearce and exposes the fatal allure of extreme sports.
An escalating rivalry between Kevin and his nemesis Shaun White (2-time Olympic Gold Medalist) in the run-up to the 2010 Olympics culminates in Shaun winning Gold and Kevin in a life-threatening coma following a training accident. Kevin’s family help him rebuild his life as a traumatic brain injury survivor, but when he insists he wants to return to the sport that has caused him so much pain, his eloquent brother David, who has Down’s syndrome, intervenes. As an elite athlete, Kevin was a professional risk-taker but now his skills are impaired and a small blow to the head could kill him. How much risk is too much? Featuring a stellar soundtrack, with songs by Moby, Sigur Ros, The Chemical Brothers, M83 and Jose Gonzalez, Oscar-nominated filmmaker Lucy Walker uses Crash Reel to bring to audiences across an epic and true story or rivalry, the hard facts of life and ultimately, the value of family.
How to Win : Email us your name, address and the answer to this question “Name another movie with ‘Crash’ in the title?”
Out Aug 7 on DVD and Digital
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013