Well Wookie what we have here…The “Star Wars” saga is returning to discs scratchable and non-scratchable!
The site points to an Amazon listing for the releases, which touts “Never-Before-Released Audio Commentary for Each Movie from Archival Interviews with Cast and Crew.”
Now I’m not quite up on the whole ‘who owns who’ thing when it comes to “Star Wars”, but I assumed Disney had the complete rights to the series, including the home entertainment rights, now that it’s the new home of the brand? Obviously I’m wrong though, and need to scrub up on my ‘Who has dibs on Yoda’ legal stuff, because the DVD and Blu-ray sleeves for the films here clearly have a Twentieth Century Fox logo on them. Fox would seemingly retain the home video rights to the movies for a while longer – which might explain why they’re releasing them again on DVD and Blu-ray. Maybe it’s the last time they can release the films under the Fox logo? Not sure.
If Rupert Murdoch really wants to one one last chunky bank boost from this franchise, he needs to get someone from the editing suite to make some changes to the prequel trilogy and then slap of the advertisement “For the first time…Jar Jar Binks-free!”
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013