Rising young actor Miles Teller, star of “The Spectacular Now”, has joined the cast of “Whiplash”, a feature-film version of a short film by Damien Chazzelle. That short won the Sundance Short Film Jury Award.
JK Simmons, of “Spider-Man” fame, portrays ”a brutal jazz orchestra teacher who unloads his frustrations on a novice drummer (Teller) who begins to lose his humanity in his quest to become the core skins pounder of the top jazz orchestra in the country” according to Deadline.
Chazzelle’s script is said to be a little like ‘Full Metal Jacket’ – but at Juilliard.
Teller recently wrapped “Divergent”, the first in a series of films based on the Veronica Roth novels.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015