Josh Gad (“Book of Mormon”, “jOBS”) will play late comic Sam Kinson in a biopic from “Borat” director Larry Charles.
According to Deadline, the Rich Wilkes (“xXx”) written script fixes on the non-controversial life of a preacher turned comic who, the brass promise, will be powerfully brought to life by chameleon Gad.
Yep, OK…Gad’s definitely showing promise these days, and seemingly does have the ability to transmorph into different characters, but Charles? Now he’s the one I think the slightly murky cloud hangs over. He’s done a lot of great comedy, like “Seinfeld”, but his film work consists of a bunch of fairly forgettable Sacha Baron-Cohen fodder… is he made for this? I dunno.
Also, Rich Wilkes on screenplay duty?
Where’s Milos Forman and writing duo Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski when a film needs ‘em?
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013