Phillip Noyce has hired the Prada-wearing Devil to play the lead role in the filmmaker’s next, “The Giver”.
Meryl Streep will pop her ‘young adult, dystopian’ movie cherry on the film, which will shoot in South Africa.
Deadline, who revealed the casting coup, say “Streep will play the chief elder, the authoritarian charged with keeping order in a society that seems utopian. That control is endangered when a young man (Brenton Thwaites) is chosen to be the receiver of memories of life before the “sameness” movement which numbed the population and created conformism. Bridges plays the title character who delivers those memories that unlock a rebellion in the young man.”
The Weinstein’s – Harvey’s daughter is apparently a big fan of the book- have given Noyce (“Salt”, “Dead Calm”) 8 weeks to get the film shot.
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013