Leonardo DiCaprio is King. That we know. But now he’ll also be King Harald (as opposed to King Ralph, memorably brought to life by John Goodman).
Warner Bros has arranged for “The Great Gatsby” star to play the last great Viking King in the Mark L.Smith-pitched “King Harald”, says Deadline.
Should DiCaprio ultimately end up doing it (Didn’t I read the other day he wants the spend the better part of the next few years doing “Robotech” movies!?), he’ll produce via his Appian Way company.
King Harald was King of Norway for two decades, but his quest for power and thirst for battle led to his being exiled for a time to Russia and then returning in triumph. The film envisioned is a Braveheart-style story. DiCaprio, a history buff, has long been interested in headlining a Viking movie; he had once circled a film about Viking warriors that Mel Gibson was to direct.
I guess if Leonardo doesn’t end up starring in it, it’s possible he’ll stay on to produce it. His good friend Tobey Maguire could do with a thrown bone too.
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013