1. Oz pic “Tim Winton’s The Turning” recently held it’s premiere at MIFF; cameras were there to capture some famous faces, and get some quotes from the people involved (and not involved) in the movie. ”Tim Winton’s The Turning” is released 26th September 2013. Book tickets at www.theturningmovie.com.au
2.. Former “Weeds” star Justin Kirk will star in a new drama called “Tyrant”, about an American diplomat with a hidden agenda. Yes, unheard of. (The Hollywood Reporter)
3.Tahmoh Penikett (“Battlestar Galactica”, “Man of Steel”) will have a reccuring role in the next season of “Supernatural” (The Hollywood Reporter)
4. Loki won’t be in the “Avengers” sequel. All out of Lok. (The Hollywood Reporter)
5. FilmNation Entertainment has acquired the rights from Jane Rosenthal to New York Times Bestseller ”The Good House” by Ann Leary. Pulitzer Prize winner Michael Cunningham is set to adapt the project. Attached to star are Academy Award winners Meryl Streep, who previously collaborated with Cunningham on ”The Hours”, and Robert De Niro, making this the fourth film Streep and De Niro will appear in together. Rosenthal will produce and Berry Welsh, VP of Production, will executive produce for Tribeca Productions. Aaron Ryder and Karen Lunder will produce for FilmNation. FilmNation partner Steve Samuels played a role in bringing the project to FilmNation through his relationship with Leary. “The Good House” is a wickedly funny look at denial, told through the eyes of Hildy Good (Streep), a New England realtor and not-so-recovering alcoholic whose perfectly compartmentalized life starts to come apart at the seams when she forms a new friendship with Rebecca McCallister. As Rebecca becomes the subject of town gossip, Hildy rekindles an old flame with Frank Getchell (De Niro), a tell it like it is Yankee, who tries to uncomplicate her complicated life in this darkly comic and strikingly authentic tale. FilmNation’s EVP Production Karen Lunder said, “We knew right away with Jane’s and Michael’s demonstrated talent and Ann’s bestseller that we have the opportunity to create something truly entertaining. It is undeniable the authenticity and chemistry Meryl and Bob will offer us as they bring these characters to life.”
“Ann Leary has an intoxicating voice and created a truly original character in Hildy Good. When I read the book, I was only sorry it ended – but so thrilled that we’ll be able to bring it to the screen with Meryl Streep as the irresistible Hildy,” said Producer Jane Rosenthal. “It’s the perfect project to work on with Michael Cunningham and we are excited to be doing this in partnership with FilmNation, as they were equally passionate about Ann’s characters.” Streep, De Niro and Cunningham are represented by CAA. Leary, whose booked was published by St. Martin’s Press, is represented by Sylvie Rabineau.
6. WWE Studios (NYSE: WWE) and Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF) announced today that production on ”See No Evil 2”, the follow up to the duo’s 2006 horror release, ”See No Evil”, is scheduled to start in fall 2013. WWE® Superstar Kane®, a dominant force within the WWE, is set to reprise his lead role as reclusive madman Jacob Goodnight. Fanboy favorites and identical twin directors of horror, the Soska Sisters, Jen and Sylvia (American Mary), are set to helm the film. See No Evil 2 was penned by co-writers Nathan Brookes and Bobby Lee Darby. “See No Evil 2″ revives the nightmare of the first film when Jacob Goodnight rises from the dead in the city morgue after his killing spree at the Blackwell hotel. In this ominous, underground locker for the dead, a group of medical students fight to survive as this deranged psychopath once again starts to pick them apart one by one.
— Bryan Singer (@BryanSinger) August 6, 2013
8. Jeff Wadlow talks (somewhat) “X-Force” with Bleeding Cool.
9. Sheila Kelley has joined the cast of Dan Steven’s “The Guest” (Variety)
10. A new limited-edition “Thor : Dark World” poster is online.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015