Jeffrey Dean Morgan… Batman?
And yes, stranger things have happened… but maybe nothing quite as cool.
Not the first time JDM and BW/B have been linked though; In fact, in this 2009 interview for “Watchmen” our own Clint Morris suggested to the man himself that he would be a good Caped Crusader, noting that the widespread internet community agreed.
ThinkMcFlyThink now say that a Clint suggestion may become a film FACT, with the (former) “Magic City” star also in the running – alongside the half-a-dozen other names mentioned in the trades earlier this week – to play the new Batman. The reincarnated superhero would make his return to film in 2015’s “Man of Steel” sequel. And if this latest rumour is on the money, Bats may have some grey stubble hanging from his chin.
The actor is taking a meeting with Zac[k] Snyder for the role of Batman. This doesn’t mean he is a lock for the part but Morgan was rock solid as Comedian in Zack Snyder’s Watchmen and a little familiarity doesn’t hurt. The actor seems to have an eerily similar look to other names previously listed such as Jon Hamm. Passing by Josh Brolin he would be the oldest candidate at 47 years old.
A grizzled, 40-something Batman is what they want, right? Well, there’s your man right there… ‘Denny’ from “Grey’s Anatomy”! And we saw he can wear a suit well, in “Watchmen”!
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013