Yesterday Sylvester Stallone tweeted that Bruce Willis left “Expendables 3″ because he was “greedy” and “lazy”.
While TMZ await confirmation on those claims from Demi Moore, The Hollywood Reporter has done some digging and discovered the details of Willis’s sequel snub.
According to a source, Willis wanted one million dollars a day to reprise the role of ‘Church’*.
Willis was offered $3 million for four days of consecutive work on location in Bulgaria for the film, but he balked at the offer. “Yippee ki-ya-Mother-will-shoot-‘er!”.
Rather than cave in and pay Willis what he wanted, Stallone rang Harrison Ford who agreed to do it for that price (and Stallone cemented the deal with an offer to be his bodyguard at any forthcoming ‘Star Wars’ press days; agreeing to get ‘messy’ with 300-pound Admiral Ackbar’s if they asked anything Ford couldn’t answer). Ford signed on less than 72 hours after Willis dropped out. Quick turnaround.
Still… I’m offended that they’d call Bruce Willis lazy and greedy. I saw “Die Hard with a Veteran” and I think he was worth the entire 120 million. Hume Cronyn couldn’t have played that part better.
*If they want someone to play a Church, why not just go Wayne Knight? He’d be cheaper and more credible.
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013