While his former on-screen daughter is off battling mothers of Russia, “Kick-Ass” scene stealer Nicolas Cage is looking to have a “Bad Monday”.
Nope, nothing to do with the actor being tied down to a chair and forced to sit through his own “Ghost Rider”, but the name of a new film Myriad Pictures is putting together for the Oscar Winner.
Cage is in talks to play OT McKee, a man with an endless array of problems (most notably, he’s caught in a custody battle for his son), who finds the answer to his prayers in a duffel bag full of drug money and cocaine. The leftover loot is the result of a drug deal gone wrong. Needless to say, it isn’t long until the rightful owners of the bag realize who has it.
Richard Taylor wrote the script, with Kirk D’Amico (“The Genesis Code”), Daniel Grodnik (“Powder”) and Alexander Tabrizi (“Thunder Run”) producing. Nick Meyer’s (of “Star Trek II : Wrath of Khan” fame) name has come up in relation to directing, but our source isn’t sure that’s a done deal yet.
“Bad Monday” is expected to get underway shortly.
Cage recently wrapped “Tokarev” for Hannibal Pictures, and has a couple of films on his to-do list including “The Dying of the Light” and “Outcast” with Hayden Christensen.
With this new film expected to get underway shortly, I’d say it’s highly doubtful – though rumoured – Cage is involved in “The Expendables “3”.
Thanks to ‘Marc’ for the tip!
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013