Australia’s Margot Robbie (“Pan-Am”) has snagged a role in Matthew Michael Carnahan’s “Goodfellas”-inspired “Violent Talent”.
Deadline says “Goodfellas” own Ray Liotta is also onboard, as is Linda Emond, Garrett Hedlund, Toby Kebbell and Riz Ahmed.
Emond and Liotta will play the parents of Hedlund’s character, who teams with his two oldest friends Angel and Quan (Kebbell and Ahmed) to build a criminal empire in a contemporary Chicago where he feels crime might be the most honest job around
“The story I’m trying to tell is the genesis and building of this criminal empire and while Goodfellas got at it a little bit, and so did The Godfather,” Carnahan tells the site. “The first part of the second Godfather, you see Vito Corleone becoming the Don, you see him shoot the Black Hand, you see him with the olive oil import sign. Ever since I was in college, I felt there had to be a lot more that went on to become the boss he was in the first movie. I always wanted to know what that was, and that is the story i’m trying to tell.”
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015