Australia’s Margot Robbie (“Pan-Am”) has snagged a role in Matthew Michael Carnahan’s “Goodfellas”-inspired “Violent Talent”.
Deadline says “Goodfellas” own Ray Liotta is also onboard, as is Linda Emond, Garrett Hedlund, Toby Kebbell and Riz Ahmed.
Emond and Liotta will play the parents of Hedlund’s character, who teams with his two oldest friends Angel and Quan (Kebbell and Ahmed) to build a criminal empire in a contemporary Chicago where he feels crime might be the most honest job around
“The story I’m trying to tell is the genesis and building of this criminal empire and while Goodfellas got at it a little bit, and so did The Godfather,” Carnahan tells the site. “The first part of the second Godfather, you see Vito Corleone becoming the Don, you see him shoot the Black Hand, you see him with the olive oil import sign. Ever since I was in college, I felt there had to be a lot more that went on to become the boss he was in the first movie. I always wanted to know what that was, and that is the story i’m trying to tell.”
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014