Joel Edgerton is to join Christian Bale in Ridley Scott’s biblical blockbuster “Exodus”, according to Variety.
“The Fighter” star will play Moses, while “Warrior” star Edgerton is in talks to play Egyptian Pharoah Ramses.
Steve Zaillian has performed a rewrite on the script by Adam Cooper and Bill Collage, says the trade, with shooting planned to get underway in September.
In the Book of Exodus, Moses was born as a Hebrew at a time when the Pharaoh had commanded that male Hebrew children be drowned. The infant Moses was set adrift on the Nile in a basket, rescued by the Pharaoh’s daughter and raised in the royal family as a brother to the future Pharoah.
According to the Biblical story, the adult Moses was commanded by God to go to Egypt and deliver the Hebrews from bondage.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015