Joel Edgerton is to join Christian Bale in Ridley Scott’s biblical blockbuster “Exodus”, according to Variety.
“The Fighter” star will play Moses, while “Warrior” star Edgerton is in talks to play Egyptian Pharoah Ramses.
Steve Zaillian has performed a rewrite on the script by Adam Cooper and Bill Collage, says the trade, with shooting planned to get underway in September.
In the Book of Exodus, Moses was born as a Hebrew at a time when the Pharaoh had commanded that male Hebrew children be drowned. The infant Moses was set adrift on the Nile in a basket, rescued by the Pharaoh’s daughter and raised in the royal family as a brother to the future Pharoah.
According to the Biblical story, the adult Moses was commanded by God to go to Egypt and deliver the Hebrews from bondage.
- First look : The Man from U.N.C.L.E - December 22, 2014
- Mark Hamill on his Trickster reprisal - December 22, 2014
- Kate Winslet’s next Job may be with Boyle - December 21, 2014
- Two new posters come into Focus - December 21, 2014
- Mike Myers resurrects Dr. Evil - December 21, 2014
- ‘Ross’ from Friends defends O.J Simpson - December 21, 2014
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014