Finally, someone has revisited the past works of Paul Reiser and stumbled upon that forgotten genius.
The “Mad About You”, “Aliens”, “Beverly Hills Cop”, “Diner” and “One Night at McCools” scene-stealer might yet get that comeback – the one he hoped for back when “The Paul Reiser Show” hit the air a couple of years back and was pulled before the first joke was even broadcast.
The funnyman is going all dramatic for “Whiplash”, a Miles Teller (“The Spectacular Now”) co-starring film about ”a talented young drummer (Teller) who strives for perfection under the instruction of a ruthless band conductor (J.K. Simmons)”, says THR.
Reiser, who also recently appeared in “Behind the Candelabra”, is playing Teller’s on-screen daddy. Biological, not sugar.
Damien Chazelle wrote and will direct the film, which is based on his Sunndance-winning short.
And for those that can’t wait until 2014 to get their on-screen ‘Reiser Fix’, you can currently check him out on stage – he’s doing some sort of country-wide ha-ha tour across America (no doubt evoking many giggles from his ‘And then, this other time, Richard Kind came into my dressing room…’ stories).
- Zachary Quinto talks Heroes Reborn - January 26, 2015
- The Strangers sequel finally going ahead? - January 26, 2015
- Scodelario confirmed for Pirates of the Caribbean 5 - January 26, 2015
- Author offers Waiting for Exhale 2 update - January 26, 2015
- Jetsons animated movie in the works - January 24, 2015
- New poster for Tom Hardy thrilller Child 44 - January 22, 2015
- Rob Lowe playing man of the cloth in new TV series - January 21, 2015
- The Interview hits Netflix this weekend - January 21, 2015
- Stuart Beattie writing high Voltage project - January 21, 2015
- Bruce Willis’s next straight-to-disc dud will be… - January 21, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.