John Gallagher Jr (“The Newsroom”), Jesse Plemons (“Friday Night Lights”) and Zoe Kazan (“Ruby Sparks”) are set to co-star opposite Frances McDormand and Richard Jenkins in HBO mini-series “Olive Kitteridge”, says Deadline.
The Tom Hanks-produced drama, based on a novel of the same name, “tells the story of a seemingly placid New England town wrought with illicit affairs, crime and tragedy, told through the lens of Olive (McDormand), whose wicked wit and harsh demeanor mask a warm but troubled heart and a staunch moral center. Gallagher plays Christopher Kitteridge, the son of Olive and Henry (Jenkins). Kazan plays Denise, who works with Henry at his pharmacy. Plemons plays Jerry McCarthy, Henry’s delivery boy at the pharmacy.”
“Oliver Kitteridge” is the latest collaboration between HBO and Hanks’s Playtone company; the twosome also worked together on “Band of Brothers” and “The Pacific”, among other projects.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014