John Gallagher Jr (“The Newsroom”), Jesse Plemons (“Friday Night Lights”) and Zoe Kazan (“Ruby Sparks”) are set to co-star opposite Frances McDormand and Richard Jenkins in HBO mini-series “Olive Kitteridge”, says Deadline.
The Tom Hanks-produced drama, based on a novel of the same name, “tells the story of a seemingly placid New England town wrought with illicit affairs, crime and tragedy, told through the lens of Olive (McDormand), whose wicked wit and harsh demeanor mask a warm but troubled heart and a staunch moral center. Gallagher plays Christopher Kitteridge, the son of Olive and Henry (Jenkins). Kazan plays Denise, who works with Henry at his pharmacy. Plemons plays Jerry McCarthy, Henry’s delivery boy at the pharmacy.”
“Oliver Kitteridge” is the latest collaboration between HBO and Hanks’s Playtone company; the twosome also worked together on “Band of Brothers” and “The Pacific”, among other projects.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015