Universal is in talks to acquire “39 Clues”, the Scholastic book series turned film that was recently put into turnaround by Dreamworks.
At the heart of the adventures series is “the story of the Cahills, billed as the most powerful family in history. Two siblings, who just discovered their heritage, are thrust into a race with their more devious relatives to uncover 39 clues in order to find ultimate power”, says The Hollywood Reporter.
The project has been in the works for a number of years, with Dreamworks optioning the rights to “Clues” in 2008, then envisioning it as a vehicle for Steven Spielberg to direct. Shawn Levy was recently attached to the project, shortly before it moved homes, but is no longer part of it.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015