Universal is in talks to acquire “39 Clues”, the Scholastic book series turned film that was recently put into turnaround by Dreamworks.
At the heart of the adventures series is “the story of the Cahills, billed as the most powerful family in history. Two siblings, who just discovered their heritage, are thrust into a race with their more devious relatives to uncover 39 clues in order to find ultimate power”, says The Hollywood Reporter.
The project has been in the works for a number of years, with Dreamworks optioning the rights to “Clues” in 2008, then envisioning it as a vehicle for Steven Spielberg to direct. Shawn Levy was recently attached to the project, shortly before it moved homes, but is no longer part of it.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015