Universal is in talks to acquire “39 Clues”, the Scholastic book series turned film that was recently put into turnaround by Dreamworks.
At the heart of the adventures series is “the story of the Cahills, billed as the most powerful family in history. Two siblings, who just discovered their heritage, are thrust into a race with their more devious relatives to uncover 39 clues in order to find ultimate power”, says The Hollywood Reporter.
The project has been in the works for a number of years, with Dreamworks optioning the rights to “Clues” in 2008, then envisioning it as a vehicle for Steven Spielberg to direct. Shawn Levy was recently attached to the project, shortly before it moved homes, but is no longer part of it.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014