1. Joel Johnstone (“The Newsroom”) has joined the cast of Disney’s “Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day”. The October 2014 release “follows a boy who wakes up with gum in his hair, and things get worse from there.”
2. Michael Dorn, who played ‘Worf’ in “Star Trek : The Next Generation”, says JJ Abrams’ “Star Trek” reboot hurt the chances of his proposed ‘Worf’ TV series coming to fruition. “Last year, there was interest and I talked to a couple producers, and we actually had [a] pitch meeting with Paramount and CBS,” Dorn said. So why haven’t we heard more about this Worf series before now? “Business things got in the way in terms of the J.J. Abrams movie coming out and CBS/Paramount and their relationship with J.J. Abrams,” he explained. “I don’t think they wanted to step on his toes by putting a new series on, but it’s not dead yet.”
3. Omari Hardwick (“The A-Team”) will star in Curtis ’50 Cent’ Jackson’s new nightclub drama “Power”. ”Power revolves around James “Ghost” St. Patrick (Hardwick), a wealthy New York City nightclub owner who caters to the city’s elite. He wants to build an empire, turn the club into a Fortune 500 business, but there’s just one problem: Ghost is living a double life. When he’s not at the club, he’s the kingpin of the most lucrative drug network in New York, catering to a very exclusive clientele. His marriage, family and business all become unknowingly threatened as he is tempted to leave his criminal life behind and become the rags-to-riches businessman he wants to be most of all.” No word if Jackson will appear in the eight-episode series, which is set to air on Starz.
4. “Fame” star Debbie Allen is developing a new dance drama for The CW that will be set at a Los Angeles-based performing arts school. Matt Witten (“House”) will write the project and executive produce the series.
5. Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg’s new animated “Bigfoot” series has gotten a pilot order at FX. The show, based on the books by Graham Roumieu, ”follows Bigfoot, everyone’s favorite crypto-zoological hominid as a modern-day everyman who struggles with life’s philosophical quandaries as well as his own animalistic tendencies.”
6. Dreamworks has picked up the book proposal “Noble Assassin”, with Cary Fukunaga attached to produce and direct. The movie would be ”based on the true story of a French aristocrat turned anti-Nazi saboteur named Robert de la Rochefoucauld, who is described as being James Bond before there was a James Bond.”
8. Warner Bros Home Entertainment have announced a November 6 release for the “Man of Steel” DVD, Blu-ray, digital download and 3D Blu-ray. Extras will include “Journey of Discovery: Creating “Man of Steel” – This immersive feature-length experience allows you to watch the movie with director Zack Snyder and stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane and others as they share the incredible journey to re-imagine Superman”, “Strong Characters, Legendary Roles – Explore the legendary characters of the Superman mythology and how they have evolved in this new iteration of the Superman story”, “All-Out Action – Go inside the intense training regimen that sculpted Henry Cavill into the Man of Steel and Michael Shannon and Antje Traue into his Kyptonian nemeses. Includes interviews with cast and crew”, “Krypton Decoded – Dylan Sprayberry (Clark Kent, age 13) gives the lowdown on all the amazing Krypton tech, weapons and spaceships featured in “Man of Steel'”, and “Planet Krypton – The world’s first exploration of Krypton and its lost society.”
9. “Watchmen” composer Tyler Bates will score James Gunn’s “Guardians of the Galaxy”.
10. “Riddick” and “Battlestar Galactica” star Katee Sackhoff wants to play Harley Quinn in a ‘Batman’ movie. . “It’s not been done before. It’s this fantastic mix. I mean, it’s like the female Joker. Who wouldn’t want to do that? Quite potentially — it’s not around so I wouldn’t feel the weight of it — I’d probably sell my first born at this point to do that.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015