Marvel’s Kevin Feige has confirmed that Lee Pace (“Pushing Daises”) plays the villain role in the studio’s forthcoming “Guardians of the Galaxy” movie.
Though Thanos (the character that popped up at the tail-end of “The Avengers”) was originally rumoured to be the rogue, Pace’s Ronan is confirmed big bad number one.
“Ronan The Accuser is very much the main bad guy”, Feige tells Empire (via CMB). And Thanos is lurking above it all. You will learn more about Thanos in Guardians, for sure. Certainly you’ll get more than the one turn around and smirk. You’ll get much more than that!”
The other two bad guys in the movie are Benicio Del Toro playing The Collector and Michael Rooker playing Yondu, though some are speculating that one of those two guys might actually be Thanos – director James Gunn purposely keeping it a secret until the films bow.
Chris Pratt, Glenn Close, Zoe Saldana, David Bautista, and Vin Diesel are all involved in the 2014 blockbuster.
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013